Shalise M. Schnitz is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker specializing in individual, couples and family therapy , and maintains a private practice in San Antonio, Texas.
With 17 years experience working with individuals, families and children, and as a graduate of Texas State University specializing in Counseling, she is currently serving as a private practitioner working with a broad spectrum of clients. Among her areas of expertise are depression, anxiety, grief & loss, children, senior issues, stress management, addiction & recovery, conflict resolution, faith-based counseling and work & career issues
In addition to being a prominent relationship therapist, Shalise has presented at National conferences and to general audiences speaking on health issues of special needs children and their effects on the family.
Shalise is an interactive, solution-focused therapist. Her therapeutic approach is to provide support and practical feedback to help clients effectively address personal life challenges. She integrates complementary methodologies and techniques to offer a highly personalized approach tailored to each client. With compassion and understanding, she works with each individual to help them build on their strengths and attain the personal growth they are committed to accomplishing.
- Master of Social Work (Honors Graduate)
- Texas State University, San Marcos, Tx
- Bachelor of Science in Human Development and Family Studies
- Double Minor in Psychology and Substance Abuse Studies
- Texas Tech University, Lubbock, Tx
Clinical Social Worker, #33664
2 years Clinical post-graduate program- Director of Lutheran Social Services- working with families, individuals and children with complex issues and needs.
- La Hacienda Drug and Alcohol Treatment Center, Hunt, Tx
- Parenting Program Coordinator/Educator, University Hospital, Lubbock, Tx
- Clarity Guidance Center, Children’s Psychiatric Hospital, San Antonio, Tx
- 8 years working with individuals, families and children.
- 9 years working with special needs children, families, organizations, community agencies and providers.
- 4 years experience as a trainer/educator of Clinical programs.
- Transplant psychosocial assessment coordinator for University Hosptial, San Antonio, Tx.
- Counseling seniors and individuals with disabilities.
40 hour Dispute Resolution Training & Certificate – Austin Dispute Resolution Center